Tuesday, August 7, 2012

a group effort...

Setting out to be healthier can be so difficult! There are bad habits to adjust, good habits to incorporate... And it's just so darn easy to fall back into those bad habits, give up and accept defeat. Well, I have found it has been easier to stick to my goals with the help of family and friends.


As with many things in life, going it alone, or not asking for help when help is needed can be a huge factor in your success. Don't be afraid or ashamed to ask for help or support. This is where you need it most!

Find a workout buddy, take a healthy cooking class with a friend, swap healthy recipes with someone, or get your spouse to start adopting your healthy new eating habits. Doing it together makes it easier to stick to it!

I have friends at work, friends outside of work and my family to help me stay focused and accountable. They encourage me, they motivate me, they make it hard for me to back down and fall back into old habits. It's working! It keeps me working hard and I'm getting closer to my goal every day!

Don't give up! Find a good, encouraging support system and keep at it! It'll all fall into place and become easier. One step at a time! You can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment