Wednesday, July 11, 2012

attitude counts for so much...

The past two weeks have been nuts. Work has been stressful. There has been unlimited amounts of family drama. And to make matters worse, it's been affecting my progress. I was feeling slightly defeated, but not fully. I was still trying, but I was struggling. I was struggling to stay positive, I was struggling to give it my all, though I was trying.


Monday I went dress shopping for a wedding I have coming up. Despite not finding much of anything, I was happy to see I had gone down a dress size! Yeah me! My confidence level rose.

Yesterday I tried on a few more dresses and I believe I found "the one"! I also checked an old lottery ticket and found I won $20.00! Score!! By the time I got to the gym I was feeling really good!

My session started and I could feel that something had switched in me. I was feeling like how I felt a month ago! I was feeling confident and proud and excited to work! I didn't just go through the motions, I WORKED! It paid off!

We have been working with kettlebells recently and I'm really enjoying it. The goal, Shira told me last week, was to be able to get to 100 one-arm swings using the 20lb bell. Madness! But I was going to make that happen! As of Saturday, we were at 75, so this was totally doable!

We started with some squat jumps and a standing long-jump, followed by what should have been 25 one-arm swings. I was doing so well we pushed it to 30! The second set was the same. That set was ROUGH! But i pushed through! The third set, we did 15. And the fourth was an additional 15. In between, she had me walk the length of the gym - wheelbarrow fashion about four times. I felt like a kid again! It was fun! I did some tricep dips, abs, and squats with a small chest press.

Before we finished off, Shira said "Let's do 10 more!". I was all for it! That meant we would get to 100!! That was the goal! Well there was no way I wasn't going to do it! I enthusiastically grabbed the bell, got set up and started my swings. I hit 10 in no time! "Five more! You can do it!". You bet I can! And I did! 105 one-arm swings using a 20lb bell!! I was so happy I quickly switched the bell to the other arm and got to it. In the end, I did it! And I believe I'm the first in the gym to reach it! Ha! How amazing is that!

Floating home on a total rush from what I had accomplished, I realized something. Attitude counts for so much! When you really put your heart into something, it shows! It pays off! Try hard even when you don't feel up to it, but wherever possible, find that inspiration and use that to fuel you. You'll see and feel the difference. You'll love it! And it will carry you farther than you ever thought possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment